[blparent] Babysitting a two-year-old along with my 14-month-old baby advice requested

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 12 22:13:18 UTC 2015

Hi Tara,

You can play "Ring Around the Rosy", sing the Eensy Weensy Spider song and do the hand movements that go along with it, maybe Hoky Poky.  Because of their short attention span, you probably won't do much of Hoky Poky.  That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now.

Annely

 Thanks for the advice!
 What games have you found that would be good to play with
 children this age?

 Sent
 from my iPhone

 2:16 PM, Annely Rose via blparent <blparent at nfbnet.org>
 wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Of course, you would
 want to keep them in the same area.  You also want to go
 around the room or area and make sure there is nothing
 dangerous or hazardous that they can get into: nicknacks,
 small items that can be swallowed, pencils, pens, knives,
 scissors, cigarettes, matches, lighters, etc.  Since you
 have a 14-month-old, you probably have your home child
 proofed already.  Have toys that they can play with.  The
 other parents might want to send a favorite toy or some kind
 of toy that their child can play with if your child
 doesn't like to share.  You can also play games with
 both children to keep them occupied.  The other parents
 might want to send a snack or you can ask them if their
 child has any allergies if you have any snacks at home.
 You might want to ask about allergies anyway.  You might
 want to know about any specifics if the child is being potty
 trained.  I have 2 grown sons of my own and had done
 babysitting as a teen and also about 10

 years ago.  Good luck and enjoy.

 <blparent at nfbnet.org>
 wrote:

 > Subject:
 [blparent] Babysitting a two-year-old along with my
 14-month-old    baby advice requested

 > Cc: "Tara Briggs" <thflute at gmail.com>
 > Date: Monday, October 12, 2015, 2:43 PM
 >
 > Hi all! A week from
 next Tuesday I am
 > going to be
 babysitting a two-year-old along with my
 > 14-month-old daughter. I don't know
 the child at all. His
 > parents or
 friends from church and they requested some help.
 > I volunteered and they took me up on it!
 What advice do you
 > guys have her being
 able to keep track of him and make sure

 that both kids are safe and have a good time?  I Will
 > be watching him from about 8:30 AM to
 11:30 AM. Thanks for
 > any help!
 >
 > Sent from my
 iPhone

 blparent at nfbnet.org
 > To unsubscribe, change your list options
 or get your account
 > info for
 blparent:

 blparent at nfbnet.org