[blparent] What talking thermometer do all of you prefer?

Jennifer Woods jenn.purplepuppy2 at icloud.com
Tue Sep 8 03:19:20 UTC 2015

Hi Darrell,

Congratulations to you and Allison on the precious new addition to your family!

I do not remember the one that I had for him when he was a newborn. Sorry I can't make any recommendations there.
When I took my son to the doctor as a baby they would always get it rectally they said that it is the most accurate way to get a temperature. I personally never did it that way because I didn't want to hurt him. I would put it under his arm pit.

My son is a toddler now, so he won't keep the thermometer under his arm anymore nor will he keep it in his mouth. I have a Talking 6 Language HealthSmart Thermometer.
It will not work for newborn babies, but it will be something that you and your wife can use now, then use when the baby is probably around 2 years old.

I like the fact that it has a forehead or ear option so I am not limited to one way of taking my sons temperature.

He's very wiggly so ear thermometer doesn't work. It is also helpful that I can use the same thermometer for myself and it's easy to clean. You just put some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and with clean hands I hold the thermometer in one hand and feel for the ear or forehead piece then one I have found it I use the qtip to clean and sterilize the thermometer.

I found it on amazon.
Talking 6 Language HealthSmart Thermometer.

Below there are 2 links the first is the main Amazon link and the second is the more specific details.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthsmart-18-935-000-Digiscan-Multi-function-Thermometer/dp/B008DVRIIU

Here is the link for more specific information about the thermometer.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthsmart-18-935-000-Digiscan-Multi-function-Thermometer/dp/B008DVRIIU#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1441682200514

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Congratulations