[blparent] Request for ideas to help young kids to get ready for school on time

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:48:58 UTC 2015

Hi, listers.

This list continues to be great for the most part. Thanks, JoElizabeth
and Melissa, for your wonderful ideas to help kids get ready on time.
Yes, I'm finding that waking up earlier so we can allow a little time
to be playful rather than hurried is a good strategy. Music does seem
to help, too. I'm wondering, though, if there's a good tool that any
of you on the list has found that works well for everyone, maybe a
particularly accessible clock or timer or something else that can
prompt kids to notice the passage of time. Maybe I should just use my
iPhone timer. Any other ideas ...

Thanks so much.

Jen

PS: JoElizabeth, congratulations on your novel.