[blparent] question about trouble getting braille harry potter book

dawn stumpner dawn205120 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:57:16 UTC 2016

Has anyone heard where one can obtain a braille copy of the new
Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? It won't be
available on Bookshare because of a regulation about plays, which
this book is.  National Braille Press, which made the other Harry
Potter books available, isn't doing this one.  I've checked with
American Printing House and several other organizations.  My NLS
library says that they don't know if / when it will be available
in braille, and volunteer transcription places I have checked
with want to know whether the book will be  available through NLS
first.  I have contacted RNIB, an organization in the UK, and
they have the book available, but it has been complicated getting
it from them.  They don't do online orders, and right now they
are not accepting credit card orders because of some difficulty
they are having.  Does anyone know where I could find it in the
United States? My kids and I have enjoyed reading all of the
other HP books together.  I didn't anticipate having this much
trouble finding it or finding a place that will be transcribing
it soon.
    Dawn