[blparent] NFB and Cane Length (was Introduction and aQuestion from the origenater)

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:42:56 UTC 2016

You are so right about the cane.  I, too, use the telescopic cane and love
it, but at the agency where I work, they sell a cane tip that is meant for
the folding canes, it is a roller ball tip.  The tip is a true ball shape.
I got one to try out in the countryside and love it!.  The ball is hooked to
a metal socket, which allows the ball to roll as you move the cane back and
forth.  No matter the topography, it almost never sticks, and is ideal for
hiking and dirt roads or in the woods.

For sentimental reasons, I also have my first indestructible fiberglass long
cane.  It is really showing its age, since I used to take it backpacking
while in college years ago.

I have an old high school friend who dropped his fiberglass cane down an
underpass.  He states several cars ran over it - he could hear the
clickclick, clickclick, - before he got someone to stop and hand it up to
him.  He reports it was none the worse for wear.

Judy