[blparent] Breast-Feeding

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Jan 23 18:25:16 UTC 2016

Hi, Allison, one other thing I remembered.  You might also get in touch with
your local La Leche League.  I didn't, but I've heard they've got more
experience dealing with clients who have disabilities than individual
lactation consultants do.  I've proofread a couple of La Leche League
pamphlets on the etiquette of dealing with moms who have disabilities.
Personally, I hate that, etiquette.  It's common sense.  But anyway, look up
La Leche League where you live, and see what you find.  They have meetings,
which might also get you out and about, and put you in some social circles
with other new moms--can't hurt--and those chicks know more about how to
solve nursing problems than anyone.  Best of luck, and whatever you do, no
guilt.  None.  It's not your fault, and zillions of women have these
problems, blind and sighted.  If you don't believe me, Google it.  It's all
over the Internet.  Some of those lactation consultants can heap on the
guilt, and as a new mom you can heap it on yourself, but don't take on a
drop of it.  You want the best for your baby, and that's all that matters in
the end.

Jo Elizabeth

"The Bright Side of Darkness"
is my newly published novel,
available in Kindle, audio, and paperback formats at Amazon.com.