[blparent] behavior problems with our 4 year old

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 00:55:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

You brought up a good point I didn't think of.  Not knowing how much vision
you guys have.  My husband and I don't have enough vision to make eye
contact with anyone.  If you are trying to get her to start listening to you
instead of ignoring you, you may have to get in her physical space.  Sighted
people can have their kids look at them eye to eye.  We can't so there were
times we would gently take their faces between our hands and get them to
focus that way so they understand you are saying what you mean and mean what
you say.

I don't know if any blind parent has said the following to their kid:
Quote, "Wipe that look off your face." End-quote.  Hahahahaha.

Judy