[blparent] need advise on advocacy level

hina altaf hinaaltaf1983 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:45:34 UTC 2016

Hi blind parents
In the past, when my son was born and hospital staff made it difficult
to release the premature baby to a single blind mother, NFB blind
parents in Illinois helped me a lot. Now my question is, on what
grounds DCSF will not give a child to a blind parent compare to a
sighted parent and the child is 4 years old? My son's father always
threats me that if we separate, DCSF will not let a blind parent take
care of a 4 years old. Who do I need to get involved in the situation
like this and what are the chance that DCSF will not let me have my
child in the situation like this? I am the sole provider in the
family, and he has no job. Is there a lawyer who works on cases like
this or any feedback you guys have? Any help is much appreciated. I am
very scared that he may take my child if I decide to get separated
from him. I have no intension of having out of his son's life
completely, but he makes me think that if we separate, he will take
the child from me.  Please send emails directly to me at:
hinaaltaf1983 at gmail.com
or call at 815-980-9699\
Hina.