[blparent] Getting a two-year-old to help clean any advice?

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 20:54:01 UTC 2017

Hi, Tara.

This is a good question. It can be challenging to get a two-year-old
to keep his or her things organized or to help clean anything up.
Simple instructions can work well: "Go put your teddy bear back on
your bed." Maybe you can have the two-year-old clean up one part of
the mess while you clean up another part: "You put the legos in the
box and I'll put the books away."

Those strategies work well. And sometimes it can be good to just let
some rooms be a little messy for a while if you have too much else to
do. As long as your house is livable and clean and you can get around
without too many hazards, it can be OK.

Your podcast is great. I just listened to the interview with Soniya
Patel, the music teacher. I encourage other parents to listen. I'm
impressed that you're managing two little kids and doing a beautiful
job as an interviewer. All the best with everything.

Jen

--
For a clear communication of your message, contact:
Jennifer Bose, voice talent.