[blparent] Call for Photos

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri Mar 10 15:50:35 UTC 2017

In 2010 the National Federation of the Blind published a pamphlet called
Parenting without Sight: What Attorneys and Social Workers Should Know about
Blind Parents. The pamphlet is available online, and hard copies are
distributed free of charge by the Independence Market at NFB headquarters in
Baltimore. It serves as an important tool in our efforts to educate
professionals about the abilities of blind parents, who all too often face
the threat of loss or restriction of their parental rights due to their
blindness.

We are currently updating Parenting without Sight, making a few needed edits
to the text and adding new resources. We also want to change some of the
photos to give the pamphlet a fresh new look. We need photos that show blind
parents interacting with their children of all ages and in a wide variety of
settings. Bathing a baby, reading to a toddler, playing catch with a
preschooler, walking school-age kids to the bus stop - any photos that show
families with blind parents going about their lives will be most welcome.

For publication we need high resolution photos of at least 300 DPI, or dots
per inch. Please send photos to me as JPG attachments with a short
description of each. If we use a picture you have submitted, we'll send a
release for you to sign. We plan to have the new Parenting without Sight
ready in time for the NFB convention in July, so please send your photos as
soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your help with this important
project!

Debbie Stein

Dkent5817 at att.net <mailto:Dkent5817 at att.net>

---