[blparent] (no subject)

Sharon Howerton shrnhow at gmail.com
Mon May 15 17:25:52 UTC 2017

Alomi, thank you for your questions. I work for the Hadley Institute for the
Blind and Visually Impaired and teach a three course parenting series. We
have students from all over the world, and I have had one or two students
from India who have taken the parenting courses with me. I think the
lifestyle in India may be different from what we experience in the US where
Indian parents may live with extended family, for example, and some blind
people in India may live differently than we do as well. I would encourage
you to get a lot more information about blind parenting from both the
American and Indian perspective, for example, but first you might want to
learn about perceptions of blind individuals as this may be impacted by the
culture of one's country.
Good luck.
Sharon Howerton