[blparent] Fwd: Parenting Without Sight - Survey

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 23:30:49 UTC 2017

Thanks, Dave, I may not have caught that.

Also, I have had a chance to correspond with this young woman.  She is 19
years old, sighted, and never has been a parent.  She has chosen this as her
project.

I, too, commented to her she was making a lot of assumptions that simply
aren't valid, and she received my comments very well.  We have written back
and forth several times, and I have sent her links to check out, and she
appears to have done some more research.

The last e-mail conversation we had, I summed up the fact that blind
parenting is really not that much different than parenting for sighted
parents.

Also, keep in mind that she is from a country that may have different views
on blindness, parenting, and family relationships.

On the whole, I found her accepting correction, and she has always written
prompt responses.  I did not like the survey either, but, as always, we are
out here to educate.

Judy