[blparent] Teaching a Sighted Child to Ride a Bike

Nevzat Adil nevzatadil at gmail.com
Tue May 30 11:35:46 UTC 2017

So long as she is on training wheels she will not learn to balance.
I know a thirteen-year-old girl still hasn't learn to ride a bike with
no training wheels and her parents are sighted.
With my two girls, I just took the training wheels when they were 6 or
7 and I helped them by holding to their bike for a littel while and
then letting them go after they gathered some speed.
I did this in an open field where it was safe.
Also an older cousin or a young neighbor could help.
For my older daughter one of her cousins was helpful.
Nevzat