[blparent] Does Medicare Or Medicaid Apply To Blind Folks Getting Aid From Social Security?

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:26:43 UTC 2017

Hi.  This is a side note, but I think it is important for us to know
the difference between these two programs.  It is significant. .

On 11/7/17, Star Gazer via BlParent <blparent at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> I always thought Medicare was for old people, i.e. people who wouldn't be
> needing breast pumps.

Not necessarily.

"Disabled people who are approved for Social Security disability
insurance (SSDI) benefits will receive Medicare, and those who are
approved for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) will receive
Medicaid."

Some relatively younger persons receive Medicare.

Refer to the article "Does Medicare or Medicaid Come with Disability?"
published by DisabilitySecrets.
https://www.disabilitysecrets.com/will-i-get-medicare-medicaid-with-disability.html

-Kane