[blparent] Kids losing your things for you

Jennifer Bose jen10514 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:22:22 UTC 2017

Hi, Tara.

I agree. Michael's point about three-year-olds just being curious and
not trying to make your life difficult is what I've noticed too. And
JoElizabeth's points about leaving your purse in a designated place
out of reach and telling her it's your space also makes sense to me.
Although I'd sometimes forget, usually I would keep my purse in one of
a few designated places I was likely to be in with my daughters: On a
high shelf by the door, on my desk next to me or on the kitchen
counter near me. I could almost always catch one of them getting into
it and let them know they shouldn't. I wouldn't recommend the strategy
of hiding your daughter's favorite toy, but I might try a very quick
mention of it: "How would you feel if I hid your toy?" You might try
making up a bedtime story about a child losing a favorite toy and
looking everywhere for it before finally finding it. That might not
get her thinking about people and their things in a positive way.

Jen

--
For a clear communication of your message, contact:
Jennifer Bose, voice talent.