[blparent] Keeping track of children in noisy environments

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Aug 30 19:52:33 UTC 2018

How old are your children? That will help.

Training them to answer, as Dacia said, is the non-negotiable first step. I used to put a taped-shut box of Tic-Tacs candy in my daughter's pocket or tape it to the underside of the back of her shirt tail when she was a toddler and a preschooler so I could hear it rattling. It was louder than a bell or squeaker shoes on a playground. She generally kept up a lot of chatter, though, so I knew where she was. We learn to pick out our kids' voices from a crowd. Even sighted parents can do that.

Jo Elizabeth Pinto

"The Bright Side of Darkness"
Is my award-winning novel,
Available in Kindle, audio, and paperback formats.
http://www.amazon.com/author/jepinto