[blparent] Update on me

alyshaj at comcast.net alyshaj at comcast.net
Wed Feb 14 00:44:56 UTC 2018

Hi Amanda,
My husband and I are also getting ready to start trying to conceive. There's
no harm in just going with the flow at first, but if you're like me and want
to feel a little more in control of the process, there are resources you can
check out. I thought the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" on Bookshare
was interesting. It does talk a lot about charting your basal body
temperatures which is a challenge for us because I don't think the standard
talking thermometers are accurate enough to do this effectively, but the
book also has a lot of other great info about understanding and tracking
your cycles. I'm sure your doctor told you this, but it's important to take
prenatal vitamins, eat healthy, and stay active. It is definitely
frustrating to me that no accessible options exist for OPKs and pregnancy
tests. I've seen ads on Facebook for something called the Ava bracelet which
is a device you wear at night and pair with your phone that is supposed to
identify your most fertile days, but it's really expensive, and I'm not sure
how accessible the app is. I think I'd only get something like that if I had
been trying unsuccessfully for quite a while. Anyway, good luck, and have
fun!

Best,
Alysha