[blparent] Best Blind Friendly Baby carrier

Sharon Howerton shrnhow at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 13:54:45 UTC 2018

Amanda, I have grandchildren but just wanted to comment on your daughter's
happiest time being held. My daughter-in-law seemed to do that with her
youngest child, my granddaughter who is now almost 2.5 years old. My
daughter-in-law is quite young (will be 33 this week) and has 5 children,
three of hers and two with my son. I feel that because of this, and I will
say this is my opinion, Hayley would scream-and I mean scream-if anyone who
wasn't one of her parents or her sisters or brother came within feet of her.
I guess people could see Hayley winding up to scream so they would back
away. My granddaughters would say, "We don't want Hayley to cry. We don't
want to bother anyone." I didn't get to touch Hayley until Christmas, 2017
when she was well over 2 years old. I didn't get to hold her until that day.
I didn't get to touch her hair until my birthday 3 days before Christmas. I
was very worried that perhaps she had some kind of emotional problem and
urged my son and daughter-in-law to evaluate or if nothing else, put her in
situations where she needed to socialize with other people. They assured me
she would grow out of it. I remember telling them a year ago that her
brother who will be 4 in April should go to school as usual, but Hayley
should have gone to daycare as early as she could have and I know they could
have not afforded that, but it was my opinion that this could have helped
her. So just be mindful of wearing your little one all the time. By the way,
Hayley's sisters are Latina and have very long thick hair; Hayley is a mixed
baby, white and Latina, and has, as her mom says, baby fine blond hair. I
wanted to cry when all this happened at Christmas but was sitting with her
sisters and didn't want to upset them and knew they would say, "Why are you
crying, Grandma?" It was very touching when the oldest who will be 16 next
month was the first one of the girls to call me Grandma when her mom and my
son got together.
Good luck with the little one. Time passes so quickly.
Sharon