[blparent] Preparing for children

Megan crystalwords at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 22:23:03 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm wondering if you have any tips for learning the basics of baby-care such as diapering, getting baby in and out of car seats, etc, etc? My husband and I are both totally blind, and want to be as prepared as possible if we do have children.. Not many of my local friends have babies, and the family members that do often seem quite hesitant for me to take care of their children beyond holding them and playing with them.
I know some communities have child-care classes. Have any of you found these sorts of community classes helpful? How did you all prepare for taking care of children, especially if you did not have many babies in your lives to learn from?
Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone