[blparent] Blind Parents Group

Stacy Cervenka slcervenka at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 03:54:04 UTC 2018

Good evening, everyone!

I was recently appointed by President Riccobono as the new chair of the NFB Blind Parents Group and I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Stacy Cervenka and I currently live in Lincoln, Nebraska with my husband Greg DeWall and our children Leo and Josephine. Leo will be turning five this August and Josephine will be turning one.

I’m extremely excited for the opportunity to work more closely with Blaine parents throughout the United States in order to support and service resources to one another, reach out to other blind parents who need the empowerment, resources, and services that the NFB provides, to educate the public about the normalcy and challenges of blind parenting, and to assist Blaine parents who are experiencing custody or legal challenges.

Steve Jacobsen will continue to serve as moderator of this listserv, but I encourage you to reach out to me if there is any way that the Blind Parents Group can assist you. My email address is stacy.cervenka at gmail.com.

For those who may not be aware, many members of the NFB Blind Parents Group are also active on the Facebook group Blind Parents Connect. If you are currently on Facebook, please consider joining our group. We would love to have you! You should be able to find it by searching on Facebook for the name Blind Parents Connect. If you have difficulty finding the group, please feel free to reach out to me and I’d be happy to send you an invite.

I look forward to getting to know more of you through this list serve, through our Facebook group, and at our upcoming meeting during the NFB National Convention in July!

Thank you!

Stacy Cervenka

Sent from my iPhone