[blparent] Where to get children's books

Jolynn Page linnie1516 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:52:15 UTC 2018

Hi,
  Congrats on your upcoming arrival! Here are some resources I use for
braille childrens books.
1.  Seedlings: They have a great selection of inexpensive books. They
can be found at www.seedlings.org
2.  National Braille Press. Another place to get books, I have not
used this one as much, no particular reason, just found what I needed
at other sites as well. They can be found at www.nbp.org
3.  Beulah Reimer Legacy. I have bought tons of books here, April
Enderton, the owner of this site, is great to work with, if you are
looking for a book that she doesn't have, she will help you find it
and braille it for you. Her books are reasonably priced and she offers
discounts if you follow her on Facebook periodically. You can order
books from her or send her books you have and she will braille them
for a low cost. Her site can be found at www.beulahreimerlegacy.com
4. APH Braille Tales. This is a free program sponsored by Dolly
Parton's Imagination Library. It is for children or parents who read
braille. They send a childrens book with braille added every other
month for free for children from birth to age five. You can find more
information and sign up at
https://www.aph.org/dolly-partons-imagination-library/

I hope this list helps you find some books for your little one. Also
remember if you are a member of the Talking Book Library in your
state, you can get Twin Vision books to check out for free.  I get
these as well and my kiddo loves to open the special box they come in.
You just send them back when you are done.

--
Jolynn Page