[blparent] Assistance with Community Art Project

Sarah Patnaude patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 19:17:24 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!

Happy Thursday!

My name is Sarah Patnaude and I will be graduating with my MSW in May. For my Art Therapy class, I have to do a community art project. Why not use this opportunity as an advocacy and education tool? My plan is to create a collage of photos of blind parents to post on social media to promote the rights of blind parents.

This is where I need your help. If you feel comfortable, I would absolutely love if you would send me a photo or two of you and your child(ren). Some sort of action photo rather than a staged portrait would be best, but the sky is the limit. Photos do not have to be of younger children. If you have photos of you doing something with your teenager, I welcome those as well. My hope is simply to show blind parents parenting.

If you can send photos to me by April 19th, that would be awesome! My email is patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com.

If you have questions, feel free to reach out.

Sarah Patnaude

Corresponding Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

patnaude.sarah at yahoo.com

(804) 591-6153

www.nfb.org

www.nfbv.org