[blparent] Blind Parents Conference Call

Stacy Cervenka slcervenka at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 23:43:27 UTC 2019

March Conference Call for Blind Parents: The NFB Blind Parents Group is hosting a conference call on Monday, March 4 at 9:00 PM Eastern, 8:00 Central, 7:00 Mountain, and 6:00 Pacific Time. This month, we’ll be discussing and sharing strategies for getting out and about with our kids. Topics will include everything from baby carriers and strollers that blind parents have found useful to strategies for monitoring your kids in public places, such as parks, zoos, and public transportation. If it has to do with traveling with your kids, we’re here to talk about it!

Discussion leaders will be two blind parents who also happen to be certified orientation and mobility instructors. Greg DeWall is the father of two children, worked as an O&M instructor at the Sacramento Society for the Blind, and is currently the Training Center Director at the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Priscilla Yeung is the mother of two children and has been an O&M instructor for over 20 years. She currently works as the Coordinator of the Senior Impact Project at the Sacramento Society for the Blind.

Besides the discussion leaders, this call will be limited to ten participants. You can sign up by emailing Stacy Cervenka at stacy.cervenka at gmail.com with “Blind Parents Call” as the subject line. (Please be sure to use this exact subject line.) Please let her know the ages of your children and any questions you would like to be sure are addressed during the call. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone