[blParent] I'm going to be a grandma!

Donna mermaid7 at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 26 06:47:57 UTC 2019

Congrats, Grandma Jo!😊
The one gift that I received that I treasure most, is a charm bracelet, that I received from a dear friend. The 1st charm had my daughters first name, DOB, weight & height engraved on the charm. The friend buys a charm 1-2 times a year, for my daughters birthday &/or christmas, the charms have the date engraved on them. I have added charms for the more important milestones.

DonnaI'm gonna be a grandma! My stepdaughter, who has been part of my world since she was eleven years old, is expecting a baby with her husband in July. My eleven-year-old daughter and her dad and I are all way over the moon. It's far too soon for a registry, but I'm wondering if any of you all got anything from your moms or other motherly figures in your lives,not for your first babies but for yourselves during your first pregnancies, that really made you feel loved and special. My stepdaughter still has her mom and her mother-in-law as active members of her social circle, and I don't want to overstep or in any way try to take their places. But she's always been dear to me, and I want to let her know that I cherish her and I'm proud of her. I don't have anything to draw on from my own mom because when it comes to the marriage and parenting part of my life, all she gave me was hurtful words and worse. Not to be a downer because I'm super jazzed--it's just I want to focus on the wonderful possibilities and break the cycle of heartache that has been in my past. Thanks for any ideas you can give me. :)