[blParent] Attaching a bell to a crawling baby

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Mon Oct 28 18:51:33 UTC 2019

About bells - I think they are important, not only so parents can avoid
tripping over crawling babies but also so parents can know where babies and
toddlers are and when they may be getting into mischief. My daughter wore
bells on her shoes until she started preschool. In fact, a few sighted
mothers told me they liked the idea so much they wanted bells for their own
kids!

I got bells from crafts stores and threaded them through the laces on my
daughter's shoes. Because the metal on the bells could be a bit rough and
could cut through the laces, my husband would bend it back with the thin end
of a pliers. For kids who are inclined to remove their shoes, you can pin
the bells to a shirt, or even sew them on. Good luck!

Debbie