[blParent] Feeding baby

Miriam Feiner mdffeiner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 23:54:28 UTC 2019

Hi,
I don’t start feeding baby until at least six months and I find baby food very messy so usually just give them little pieces on their tray however when I do feed  baby food sometimes I find it helpful to sit them on my lap facing away from me  this  makes it   easier to find their mouth
Either way,  it is a very messy process any way you cut it baby food is messy even for sighted parents
I started getting baby  undressed before feeding so just high chair and undershirt will get wet and dirty
since a lot of the baby food ends up being hard to get out of clothes
 just a tip for laundry I started using Oxsee clean powder to soak anything that gets stained instead of having someone spot treat it with spray this way I can take care of it on my own
Also, I find it very helpful to teach baby the phrase “ spit it out” so if you ever think they took in something too big or non-edible they will just give it to you  in your hand a lot of times they will put it back in their mouth but you can catch them before they do that
Also it is helpful to learn how to do a finger sweep with your finger to get any  food you think they might be choking on especially if you will be giving them little pieces of food
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone