[blParent] requesting audiobook recommendations

dawn stumpner dawn205120 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:02:50 UTC 2020

Our whole family, both kids and grown-ups,  really enjoyed the
series by Judy Blume that begins with "Tales of a Fourth Grade
Nothing." The "Henry Huggins" books by Beverly Cleary were fun,
too.  "Henry and Mudge" books by Cynthia Rylant were a hit.  We
had fun reading and listening to the "Bunnicula" series (of which
there are 7) by James and Deborah Howe and also the Walter R.
Brooks' "Freddy the Pig" books of which there are over 20, the
first one being "Freddy Goes to Florida," I think.  Your girls
might enjoy the "Amelia Bedelia" books by Peggy Parish.  They're
fun for younger kids.  My kids enjoyed the "Cam Jansen" series by
David A.  Adler, too, though I can't remember how young they were
then.  They loved listening to the same stories over and over,
too both during times of stress and ordinary times.  They had
books on tape or Cd that we would let run for them as they were
falling asleep or that they could manage the player for on their
own, so I didn't always have to listen after the twentieth time.
(LOL) Good luck, and enjoy!
          Dawn