[blParent] Tips for Self-Advocacy During Delivery

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:27:57 UTC 2020

You can and should let the head of the practice know what was said to you.
You can also have this obgyn banned from your room at the hospital, let the hospital know.
If it’s any comfort, this doctor is probably just a nasty person, I had a woman who was terrible to me during a blood draw when I was pregnant. Turns out she was nasty to lots of other women too.
If there is a nurse that you’ve bonded with, let her know too, nurses do have a lot of power and a lot of visibility into what’s going on.
If this is your first baby, you will be treated like an idiot.
I’ve had 3 children in 3 different hospitals and for whatever reason you get treated differently and better with each birth experience.

I have friends who have all said the same thing.

Remember, the hospital deals with the lowest common dominator just like school or church or any other group experience.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10