[blParent] Car seat

Jack Chen jackchenonline at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:07:16 UTC 2020

Hello. Congratulations. What a blessing.

I haven't taken my car seat into Uber, but I have installed many a car
seat in rental vehicles.

My recommendation is the Chico Key Fit 30.

The latch system snaps into the anchor points at the base of the seat in
the vehicle, and the latch on each side is a single push button release.
It is simple to pull and tighten the base. For the Chico, you simply
pull one belt at the center of the back of the base. On other car seats,
you have to fight with the latches and belts to get a tight fit. I think
I could install the car seat in about 30 seconds.

The build quality is much better. It is far less flimsy than other car
seats.

That said, it is a bit heavier than other car seats such as many of the
Graco Snug rides, but I'm much more interested in the seat lasting than
something light. I have heard that there are car seats out there that
don't require a separate base, but I've never had to carry my base since
it stays in the vehicle.

Chico does make an entire travel system with stroller for this car seat,
but I opted to use a Snap & Go where I can plop the seat right into the
stroller without any latches especially so as not to wake the little one.

If you are into offroading or jogging, I recommend the BOB Revolution.
They make a Chico Key Fit adapter where the car seat can snap right into
the stroller.

All the best,

Jack