[blParent] Feeding Solid Foods

natalieccharbonneau at gmail.com natalieccharbonneau at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 20:00:51 UTC 2021

Hi All:

I wondered if any totally blind parents had tips and tricks for feeding baby
purees? I know it's naturally a messy process for anyone, but trying to use
one hand to know where baby's chin is and the other to scoop and get the
spoon to baby's mouth is resulting in what feels like extra messiness.
Sometimes he grabs and leads the spoon himself which actually is usually
very helpful, but I also try and keep my hand on the spoon to see if he's
going to fling or try to crash the food-filled spoon onto things to try and
minimize extra food mess. The whole affair results in a much messier
experience then when my sighted counterpart feeds him, so wondering if
there's anything that may help.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Natalie