[blParent] welcome roanna

dawn stumpner dawn205120 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:52:56 UTC 2021

Hi Roanna
     Thanks for sharing.  I live in Wisconsin and taught English
as a second language to adults in an ESL school in Madison,
Wisconsin until last year.  I currently do some tutoring work in
the same field.  I have been weathering the pandemic at home and
tutoring by phone and email.  I grew up in Iowa, and when I was
five, my parents thought about sending me to the school for the
blind in Vinton, Iowa, but they decided to send me to a public
school in our area and try out mainstreaming.  I think there are
advantages to both going to a school for the blind and to
mainstreaming.  My experience was mostly positive.  What was your
experience like?
             Dawn