[blParent] NY Parents of Blind Children Seminar flyer

maurakut at buffalo.edu maurakut at buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 29 20:49:16 UTC 2021

Hello fellow blind parents,

My name is Maura and I am the president of the New York Parents of Blind
Children division.  I am writing to share the details of our upcoming
seminar to be held at the NFB of New York  state convention.  The details
are included below.  Please do not hesitate to call or write with questions.

Warmly,

Maura Kutnyak

Phone: 716-563-9882

maurakut at buffalo.edu <mailto:maurakut at buffalo.edu>

New York Parents of Blind Children Seminar 2021

Photo Description: A little red-haired girl in a tie dye shirt and a little
brown-haired girl with a white and purple dress standing in a school parking
lot practicing using their canes.

The New York Parents of Blind Children Division has designed a program that
will rejuvenate and heighten expectations for the futures of our blind
children! Parents and professionals alike are encouraged to attend.

When

Monday October 18, 2021 from 6:30pm-9:00pm

Join us on Zoom

<https://buffalo.zoom.us/j/94383312070?pwd=NUt1a2FPWlIxNENGN0RCZm5WbzhpZz09>
https://buffalo.zoom.us/j/94383312070?pwd=NUt1a2FPWlIxNENGN0RCZm5WbzhpZz09

Meeting ID: 943 8331 2070

Passcode: 241736

Or if you prefer, One tap mobile

+16465588656,,94383312070#,,,,*241736# US (New York)

Presenters:

I.  Casey West Robertson - Why bother with Braille?

Braille is an efficient tool for literacy and equal access.

Casey West Robertson will discuss the importance of Braille in Blind
children's lives and introduce the "natural order of contractions."

II. Chester Smalley -Non-visual navigation

With the right tools your child can move freely through the world without
fear of getting hurt or lost. Certified orientation & mobility instructor,
Chester Smalley tells us how.

III. Katy Olsen - Don't sit on the sidelines - your child can play sports
too!

Physical activity is important for all children. Our speaker will help us
understand how we can encourage an active lifestyle for our blind kids.

For more information please email NY PBC president Maura Kutnyak at:
maurakut at buffalo.edu <mailto:maurakut at buffalo.edu>