[blParent] pregnant with my first baby and wondering about helpful resources?

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:07:17 UTC 2022

Hi, Michael,

I remember the defining moment when our eldest daughter realized that her blind parents operated somewhat differently than other sighted adults.

One evening when she was about the same age as your daughter, which reminded me of the story, we had a sighted couple over to dinner, people our family knew well.

When I was clearing dishes, our daughter followed me into the kitchen and asked, where the couple's canes were.  I explained that they didn't need to use the white cane.  Then where are their guide dogs, she asked.  I explained that they didn't need to use guide dogs either.  Then she very seriously asked, Then how do they get around?

In her mind, they couldn't function fully, like mom and dad, unless they had those tools.

Judy

“Embrace each day with His mercies and blessings.”