[Cabs-talk] Social Networking Sites

Angela fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sun Nov 30 00:04:53 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone, hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    I was interested to read the discussion which happened on here a few
days ago regarding the accessibility, or lack thereof, of social networking
sites such as Facebook and Myspace. Incidentally I will be chairing a
committee within CABS whose purpose is to assist the affiliate in working
with these entities to make their sites more accessible to blind people. I
would like to hear more about the difficulties you all have been having with
them. You can reply to this, or if you would like to contact me off list,
feel free to do so.
fowlers at syix.com

For my part, I tried to sign up with both services, and both times was
stopped by the capcha. One site had no audio capcha at all, and the other
was so garbled I couldn't understand it. I can't remember off hand which was
which, but they were both equally frustrating.
I look forward to hearing from those of you who use these sites frequently.
Any information will be helpful.
Sincerely
Angela Fowler