[Cabs-talk] River rafting trip

Bruce Sexton Jr. bjsexton at comcast.net
Mon Aug 10 21:23:31 UTC 2009

there will be a report on the rafting trip soon .  Angela had to go back to
the river today to take care of some business and she is looking into
pricing video and picture prints of our trip.  We have taken lots of
pictures, and plan to put them, with a blurb, on our website.  Overall, the
trip was a success and went off without a hitch.  Angela, Jaime and the rest
of the board, worked tirelessly to pull it off.  Others, who were on the
committee, including Isabel, also put in a good share of work, insuring the
success of the trip.  I am proud and pleased with the efforts put forth.  I
hope to see a two day rafting/camping trip in the future!

thanks for everyone's participation and help to get the trip organized and
executed.

Sincerely,
B.J.

Ps.  this is what Angela wrote to the board:

Just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you about the river rafting
trip. You'll hear more about it at the meeting, but I know you're wondering,
and a little celebration is in order I believe.
    Let me start by thanking those of you who worked on this project, from
selling shot glasses to working with the River Rafting committee, many of
you did a lot of hard work, but sadly could not make the trip. To you we all
owe a debt of gratitude, without you this trip would not have happened.
    For those of you who have never rafted on the south fork of the American
River, let me give you a little idea what the trip is like. It starts out
with a series of mild class two rapids, with gentle waves which playfully
jostle the side of the boat. Steadily however, the rapids increase in
intensity until the trip culminates in a series of thrilling class threes
which get your heart pumping, your adrenalin flowing, and have you hanging
on for dear life! I'm proud to say no one from our raft got spilled into the
drink, but a couple times I thought someone would. Better than any amusement
park ride by a country mile!
    Of course a wonderful part of any trip like this is the camaraderie. It
was good to get together with friends old and new and share in a truly
memorable experience. Of course there are always the demonstrations of
friendship and camaraderie, like when B.J., with the help of an accomplice
whose identity I strongly suspect but have yet to confirm, snuck up behind
me and send a stream of cold American River water cascading down the back of
my life jacket. Don't worry, folks, (grin) this deed will not go unpunished.
    I'm happy to report that the 2009 River Rafting trip was a smashing
success. All who went had a marvelous time, and we look forward to many
events in the future. Oh, I almost forgot... just as a by the way... ETC
does cross-country skiing in the winter, and has some cool-sounding sea
kayaking trips as well. Just thought I'd pass that along in case you were
interested.
...Angela

Thanks,