[Cabs-talk] Brainstorming! Fundraising idea part II

Michael Peterson its_mike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 13 21:49:04 UTC 2009

    Thanks Mary for the great input.  The convention mainly goes from
ThursdayOctober 22  when we walk across the golden gate for braille
literacy, FridayOctober 23,  when you could learn about the student division
meet people see exhibits and have some fun also you could check out other
division meetings you might be interested in like parents of blind children.
On Saturday, october 24,  we have the actual convention meeting where we
have representatives from rehab and government officials.Saturday night is
the banquet and Sunday morningOctober 25,  we finish by 12:00 a.m I think
you would really benefit from coming.
If you were able to free up time and money wasn't a problem which days could
you attend?
Also would you be willing to share a room with some other ladies if we could
work that out?I can't promise anythingbut I'll ask if you would be willing
to come.  We could really use your help.
  maybe we can find you assistance  attending.
So if you could free up the time definitely let us know AS soon as you can.

I know schedules and classes get busycome October,  in fact I have two
classesSeminar in rehabilitation and advanced practicum  that conclude on
the 23rd and some 12 page final papers come due,  so I might even be doing a
few assignments by laptop if it comes down to it to get the final papers in.
You would in addition to benefiting be a great help should you decide to
join and work with the CABS.
Also I think there is a chapter near you, I think Chucks chapter, not sure
but I think it's in Fresno.
  They meet once a month and do other great work in the community.
You would be a tremendous asset if you haven't joined them or checked them
out.
If you have, of course they probably have all ready had the privelege of
meeting you.

Either way, whether you make this convention or not I apreciate your
thoughtful feedback.  Helping people in your situation is exactly the intent
of my efforts.
Mike