[Cabs-talk] Next CABS Board Meeting

Bruce Sexton Jr. bjsexton at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 20:00:14 UTC 2009

Hello Board and Members,

Our next board meeting will be Wednesday  September 9 at 7:10  pm to  8:35  pm  PDT.  If you are a board member and are unable to attend this meeting, please call or write me ASAP.  Also, everyone, please come on time as the meeting will begin and end on time.  Please also be mindful that late entrance tones distract from our meeting.  There will be some time, after the meeting, to have informal discussion.

  Our agenda will include, but is not limited to:

Secretary's Report (Action) 5 Mins.
Financial Report 5 mins.

1.  Community Advocacy and community colleges (action item) 10 mins
2.  coffee committee report (action Item) 5 mins.
3.  CABS Purchase of Louis Braille Coins (Action Item) 7 mins.
4.  Other Convention items and updates 20 mins
a.  nominating committee
b.  duties
c. Fundraising
d.  Vote cards
e.  registration (i.e. paper and electronic)
f.  Convention Grant(s) for Student(s)
g.  Board input etc
5.  CABS announcements 10 mins
6.  NFBC updates or announcements 5 mins.
7.  Member comments 10 mins

This is an unofficial agenda and is subject to change within 48 hours of our scheduled board meeting or if emergency items are presented and voted upon at the meeting.
Please write 72 hours in advance if you would like to suggest an item for our agenda.  It may not be possible to fit every item as our convention is close at hand.  Thus I suggest also that you converse at the membership meeting this Sunday, the 30th at 5 pm on the state conference line, about any issues that can be presented in a condensed format at our board meeting.  Also, please direct membership committee questions or suggest possible membership committee agenda items to Angela, as  I have appointed her the new membership chairperson.

Thanks, and go CABS team!

Bruce Sexton Jr., President
California Association of Blind Students.

I look forward to seeing each of you at our next board meeting!