[Cabs-talk] Braille Carnival Needs Volunteers

Isabel arreola twylyt74 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:25:28 UTC 2009

Hi, I love what you've got going so far.

Middle schoollers are a bit difficult to plan for. I have a a few suggestions. However, I admit that I am not the most hippenest person to begin with.

1. A Braille Off.

-Participants are given a sentence to Braille. The first to finish  wins.

-Participants are asked a question. Questions can be about Hanna Montanna, or other current youth stars. The first to braille the first correct answer is the winner.

2. Braill trivia.

-Tickets for the right answer

3. Cane Charm making.

-A key chain ring

-Fishing string

-puff wood and glass beads

-Braille Lettered square beads (using inexpensive laminating sheets, the participant can braille and cut out the letters and adhere them onto the square beads).

4. A Cane user obstacle course

5. A Braille-a-gram

participants write braille notes, to deliver that are delivered to the room.