[Cabs-talk] php experts

Justin Harford jharford at calmail.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 11 05:47:13 UTC 2009

Hi all

I sure hope someone could help me with this or forward this to someone
who would be willing and able to help me.

I am trying to set up a contact form on the cabs webpage.  At present
the form works, where the user fills in a subject, name, email and
comments field, then they complete an accessible captcha and press the
send button.  It then sends an email to a specified address, currently
mine.  The problem is that if the user does not fil out a given part
of the form, it does not notify them and make them fill it out.  If
you fill out the entire form but not the captcha, it says you missed
the it and makes you fill it in.  But if you ignore the entire form
and only fill in the captcha, it takes you to the success page, giving
you to the impression that the message was sent when in deed it
wasn't.  The best compromise I have now is to have a message at the
top of the form stating that a form with any incomplete fields will
not be sent, but surely there is a more professional way to go about
this.  If anyone knows php, or knows anyone who could help me with
this, please email me

jharford at berkeley.edu

Thanks much
Justin Harford