[Cabs-talk] low vision

Justin Harford jharford at calmail.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 11 07:24:43 UTC 2009

OK so apparently I am noticing now on my side that it does not save
the pref throughout the other pages, but it does save it on the home
page, which leads me to suppose that it would work elsewhere.  I won't
add it to the others until I'm sure people would want it given the
work that it will take, copying it to each one.

Sorry for the mass of emails, the last message follows so you can just
stop reading here if you have been following this.

I wrote:

I'll just send this to the CABS list too for all you low vision
people.  In response to a request from Tiffany Manosh, we have set up
an option for low vision users.  Just to bring everyone up to pace,
the cabs board voted in a new website design that should hopefully
enhance our appearance on the internet.  It is at the regular
location.  I would encourage you all to look at it before calling me
on anything.

Looking forward to your input: and the message follows:

OK I really have been working on this.  So I assume that the last page
color scheme worked well for you with its color scheme, mainly blue
links on a white bacground.  is this right?  So if this is so, I have
set up an alternate style for low vision.  The font size is twice as
large, and the sidebar is now with a white background and blue links,
like the regular style.  I hope you might try this out and give me
your input:

www.nfbcal.org/cabs

You will notice that above the regular text is a table for setting the
style.  This is only implemented so far on the home page.  if it works
well for you I would implement it on all pages.  Nevertheless,
changing to the low vision style will mean that you use that style in
all the pages, and when you come back later it will be that style
again.  This is because it uses a cookie that recognizes you and your
pref.  So you have to have cookies enabled I would imagine.

Please try this out and give me suggestions.  at least now we have the
ability to easily make up an alternate style for low vision users
without much difficulty.

Regards
Justin Harford