[Cabs-talk] Capcha

Justin Harford jharford at calmail.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 12 00:03:18 UTC 2009

Yes thank you for your observation Terra.  In deed the idea behind the
captcha is that the computer does not know all the words spoken, only
those readily understood.  Often there are words in between that are
not as clear, but if you get the words around them right, the computer
assumes that you got the unclear stuff correctly as well.  It then
compares responses on the unclear words and based on the most common
answers, fills in the blanks in the text.  This is all part of their
initiative to convert into text a collection of older books and media.

I actually give a link to this near the bottom of the form.

Regards
Justin Harford
CABS Secretary