[Cabs-talk] Updated request for CABS pre-registration

Aziza C daydreamingncolor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:29:05 UTC 2009

Hi all,
To those of you who have already pre-registered, I'd like to ask you
all just one more question.

Would you give your consent to put your email address and or phone
number on a CABS directory to be circulated among the members of CABS
for the purposes of contacting members directly for personal reasons.
I.E. discussing further issues brought up in a membership meeting.
Please let me know if you would like to participate in this.

To those of you who have not pre-registered yet, please be aware that
the pre-registration form as been revised, and the information I now
need from you is as follows:
1: Name.
2: Cell and/or home phone number.
3: Email Address.
4: Mailing address, (Optional.)
5: School of attendance.
6: Intended major or field of study.
7: Do you wish to have your email and/or phone number added to the
CABS directory to be circulated among CABS members for the purpose of
direct contact between members for personal matters and networking?

Please understand, the difference in the membership list and the
directory is that the membership list is viewed mainly by the current
serving secretary. This is mainly due to the fact that the CABS
secretary is the person responsible for managing and updating the list
of members and their contact information. Other board members can
request to see the list for purposes of contacting members on CABS
business. Therefore, it is reasonable to say that the membership list
is used by the CABS board. The directory on the other hand would be
circulated among the entire CABS membership. Contact information could
be use to further our networking skills, and bring our membership
closer together. It would be easy to contact individuals known to
assist you with a certain type of problem, or who are known to have
experience with a certain topic.

Anyone with any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me offlist.

Thank you.
Aziza Cano
California Association of Blind Students Secretary