[Cabs-talk] CABS friendly Reminders

Aziza C daydreamingncolor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 02:13:01 UTC 2009

Hi All,
There are only seven more days to submit material for the CABS
newsletter scheduled to be released during the 2009 state convention.
Please email me with anything you wish to have included in the
Newsletter, as well as any ideas you have for pieces. Submissions
could be articles that proove to be informational to other California
students, pieces that display tallent, I.E. poems, blurbs about
upcoming events; any ideas not listed here can be considered if
submitted before the September 30 deadline.

Please remember to pre-register for the year of 2009-2010. Email me
the following information:
1: Name
2: Home and or cell phone number.
3: Mailing address, (optional)
4: Email Address
5: School of attendance
6: Desired Major

To those who have pre-registered, and those who plan to pre-register,
please remember to notify Melissa Haney, the CABS treasurer that you
have done so, and request that she mark you down as an active member
after you have paid your dues.

Anyone wishing to sign up for the CABS open forum that is planning on
running for the positions of CABS president, vice-president, or
treasuer need to email me before October 4th with their name, and the
position they wish to run for. Those wishing to submit questions for
our candidates to answer during the open forum must have their
questions submitted to me by October 4th.

And, last but certainly not least... Our vice-president reminded us a
few days ago that:
"The next CABS membership meeting will be this coming Sunday, the 27th at
5 PM. We will be discussing advocacy issues, getting an update on
convention, and a whole lot more. The call in info is as follows:
Call in number:(616) 347-8400
Pass code: 184220"

thank you all, and please keep these reminders in mind as the
deadlines are fast approaching.
Aziza Cano
California Association of Blind Students Secretary