[Cabs-talk] FW: [Transition-Council] Blind Leaders Innovation Project informational sessions - Do you have what it takes to be a Leader?

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Wed Nov 10 02:40:21 UTC 2010

  _____

From: transition-council at googlegroups.com
[mailto:transition-council at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Rueda
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 4:52 PM
To: transition-council at googlegroups.com; lyndajohnsonbas at sbcglobal.net;
Johnson-Basuino, Lynda; Ann Linville; elliesf at hotmil.com; Roselle Tamayo;
Leah Mitsuyoshi; richardrueda at sbcglobal.net
Cc: Arlena Winn
Subject: [Transition-Council] Blind Leaders Innovation Project informational
sessions - Do you have what it takes to be a Leader?

Dear colleagues, we are excited to promote our Blind Leaders Innovations
Project, a paid, work adjustment training opportunity.  Please encourage
your students, age 16 and older to participate in our offered informational
sessions.  Please share the following announcement with them.

Thank you,

Richard

***
Do you have what it takes to be a Leader?  Are you interested in learning
what it takes to achieve employment in today's world of work?  Are you ready
for a riveting work experience?  Come and learn about the new Blind Leaders
Innovation Project, a program of the LightHouse for the Blind and Visually
Impaired.  Meet staff and current Blind Leaders in the program to answer
your questions as well as to learn about the application process.

Upcoming informational sessions will be held at the LightHouse for the Blind
in San Francisco on:
*     Saturday, November 13th - 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
*     Thursday, December 16th - 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
*     2011 informational session dates will be posted soon and will include
outreach in the greater east bay.

To RSVP your space at our San Francisco location, please contact Arlena
Winn, Blind Leaders Program Coordinator at 415.694.7357 or via email at
awinn at lighthouse-sf.org.  Please know that due to the recent popularity of
this program, there is a growing wait list to participate in the Blind
Leaders Innovation Project.  Participation in the offered informational
sessions will assist us in determining candidates who are serious about
leadership success.

The LightHouse for the Blind is at 214 Van Ness Ave, near City Hall and
within walking distance from the Civic Center BART station and Van Ness Muni
station.

Richard Rueda
Director of Community Services
LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
214 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
Direct: (415) 694-7334
Email: rueda at lighthouse-sf.org
 <http://www.lighthouse-sf.org> www.lighthouse-sf.org
Challenge yourself to run, jog or walk the San Francisco Half-Marathon.
Raise funds for the LightHouse and get into fabulous shape. Hurry,
registration ends November 20th. Visit  <http://bit.ly/teamlighthouse>
http://bit.ly/teamlighthouse today!