[Cabs-talk] Request for input

Diane Vlasoff vlasoff at roadrunner.com
Tue Nov 16 01:21:49 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I am a graduate student in Guidance and Counseling. We have been assigned a
project to increase awareness of and support of the LGBTQ (lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender and questioning) community. In an effort to reduce
bullying of this community my group members and I have been tasked to
develop a program designed to foster support and diminish bullying. To that
end the team members have developed a poster campaign designed to increase
visual recognition of those faculty, staff and student personnel who are
prepared to provide "safe haven" for students experiencing bullying due to
their sexual identity. The campaign is well thought through and will be, we
believe, an asset to our college community. My question to you is this: What
do you believe would be the best way to disseminate this information to our
blind and visually disabled students? I, for one do not see enough to notice
posters. I believe that with forethought, and your assistance this
subpopulation of the lgbtq community can receive the same benefits as their
sighted peers.

I look forward to your thoughts, and appreciate your assistance.

Diane Vlasoff