[Cabs-talk] CABS social events

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Thu Oct 21 04:15:00 UTC 2010

Hello fellow students,
    As we all pack up to head for Irvine, I just wanted to remind everyone
of all the fun events which CABS will be hosting this weekend.
    First, come join us in the CABS suite for the coffee mixer, which will
be open at various times during the convention. The suite will be my room,
so if you're looking for coffee and can't find one of us, just call the desk
and ask for me.
    The mixer is a social event and a fund raiser for CABS. We will have a
limited quantity of the beautiful covered mugs which we sold at last year's
convention. You can purchase one of those for $10, and get unlimited refills
all weekend. Also, bring your own mug, and for a suggested donation of $5
we'll fill it up as often as you want. Hot tea and cocoa will also be
available. We will also be selling world's finest chocolates, and mint
meltaways.
    As if that weren't enough, on Saturday after the banquet we will host
the CABS after-glow party. It will be in the same room as the banquet, and
will start about half an hour after the banquet adjourns. One of the
highlights will be a trivia game, in which groups of federationists will
compete with each other for bragging rights and a small prize. So find a
team of three or four friends, and get ready to challenge your minds. We
will have NFB, general, and music trivia throughout the evening.
    The other highlight will be our auction. We will be auctioning off baked
goods, homemade beef jerky, and a breakfast date with one of our dashing
young members. Cash and checks will be accepted at the after-banquet party,
so come prepared.
    And don't forget, our annual meeting will be on Friday, from 3 to 5.
Registration will start at 2:30, but its not too late to pre-register and
avoid that long line!!
    So come by and see us this weekend. We've got a lot of fun stuff going
on, something for everyone. We look forward to a fun and successful
convention.
See you in Irvine,
Angela