[Cabs-talk] FW: [Transition-Council] FW: [Yodisabledproud] National Opportunity for Youth with Disabilities

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Tue Oct 26 21:28:44 UTC 2010

Subject: [Yodisabledproud] National Opportunity for Youth with Disabilities

The National Youth Leadership Network (NYLN) is currently accepting
applications for our Governing Board and committees.  NYLN is a national
organization that works to build power and community among youth with
disabilities. NYLN is a perfect way to make sure that young people you work
with can get tied in to disability youth community. Now is the perfect time
for youth to get active with NYLN. We have a ton of really cool projects
lined up. We are focusing on more grassroots level activism, youth-led media
projects and building interdependent support systems.

This year we are really trying to recruit and support disabled youth of
color in applying for our Governing Board. If you could pass along our
application to young
people you might know -- or let us know how we can support youth of color
you know in applying -- please let us know! Governing board and committee
positions are open to youth with any disability between the ages of 15-28.

You can find a recruitment flyer and the application at
<http://www.nyln.org/> http://www.nyln.org/, under "Apply Now!". The
application is due NOV 10. To get in touch with NYLN about
this, please email me at stacey at nyln.org or call 910-578-9552.

In community,

Stacey Milbern

Community Outreach Director