[Cabs-talk] Philosophy in society

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 18:52:14 UTC 2011

'Morning, Darian,

I feel it important to bare close in mind that, blindness is rare and
often intriguing to the uninitiated. It is destructive to both blind
and sighted to insist  that, for whatever reason , ways in which we
shine as well as those in which we happen to be inept, are
occluded  behind a specter of blindness. You know, kinda that
elephant in the room thing?  I believe, a way to help neutralize
barriers which often confound the learning, on both sides  is to help
neutralize people's curiosities, about what and how we do.

'Seems to me, as blind people we should be forever seeking even
striving to, bit by bit, disassemble the boundaries by shining a
light on the things which are not readily obvious to curious sighted
people. It also helps to greet people's interest and curiosity with
openness and love even humor.  not anger and hostility.
Carly
and the last