[Cabs-talk] Announcements and appointments

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Sat Feb 26 19:21:21 UTC 2011

Hello CABS Members,
   I am saddened to have to announce that our good friend and treasurer,
Melissa Haney, has had to step down from the board do to health reasons. On
behalf of the board and membership, I would like to thank Melissa for her
hard work and dedication. She has been a steady, reliable member of the
board who has always kept a level head in times of stress. I would also like
to wish her the speediest of recoveries.
    Effective at the start of yesterday's board meeting, I have appointed
then secretary Hoby Wedler to the position of treasurer. This resulted in a
vacancy at the secretary's position, as our constitution states that one
person can not fill both positions. I then appointed Racquel Decipeda to the
position of secretary. On behalf of the board and membership, I would like
to thank both of them for stepping into new positions on short notice. They
both have done so willingly and without hesitation or complaint, and I know
they will do well.
thank you,
Angela Fowler (president)
California Association of Blind Students.