[Cabs-talk] Spanish Braille on Baillenote Apex

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Mon Jul 25 17:12:30 UTC 2011

Miso,
	I made some enquiries, and received this response.
Hope this helps,
Angela

These accented characters are called Unicode characters in geek-eese. Here
is how to insert them.

To insert a Unicode character, press ENTER with I then U.

After choosing to insert a Unicode character, KeySoft will prompt for the
character. Let's assume you want to enter an "e acute." Type "e acute" at
the prompt for the Unicode character. KeySoft will respond with the
character "cap e acute," so press SPACE to find the next "e acute"
character. When the desired character is displayed, press ENTER to insert
the character.

The Quick Key for inserting a Unicode character is BACKSPACE with dots 3-5.

KeySoft allows you to assign a key combination to a Unicode character. This
is an excellent idea for characters you use frequently.

While you may assign any key combination including any of the 63
combinations currently available, it stands to reason that those already
representing characters are not such a great choice. For example, if you
assign dots 1-4 to e acute, you will no longer have a lower case c! To avoid
this happening, we suggest you press SPACE with U at the beginning of each
key combination. This shift function accesses a greater range of key
combinations using all 8 dots. The examples given below assume you have
chosen to do this.

The assignation function is called a macro, and the following steps outline
how to define or change a macro for a Unicode character:

You are either working in a text/computer Braille document or you need to
swap to computer Braille using SPACE with O then G then C.

1.       Enter the Unicode Tables with BACKSPACE with dots 3-5, and locate
the Unicode character you wish to assign a key combination to using one of
the browse and search methods above, only don't press ENTER.

2.       When the character is displayed, press SPACE with K. If there is no
key combination assigned, it will display, " (Character) is unassigned.
Option" where character in brackets is the actual name of the character.

3.       If a key combination is already assigned, it will display,
"(Character) is assigned to (key combination). Option" For example, "E acute
is assigned to SPACE with U then dots 1,5,7. Option."

4.       Press A. The prompt, "Assign, key combination to assign to
(Character)?" will display. Press the key combination you wish to assign to
the character, and press ENTER.

KeyWord prompts, "Assign (key combination) to (character)?" For example,
"Assign Space with U and Dots 1,5,7 to e acute?" Press Y for Yes or N for
No. If you press N, you will be returned to the beginning of this step. If
you press Y, you will be returned to the same place in the Unicode tables.
>From there you can select another character or exit by pressing SPACE
>with
E.

Note: A Unicode character can have more than one key combination assigned to
it. To toggle through all the currently assigned key combinations, press
SPACE.